You are here
- Driver Trainer required in Radstock
- Opportunity for a proactive position based both on the road and in the classroom
About Our Client
Our client, based in Radstock, are a leading Stockist/Distributor within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
The role of Driver Trainer will be key in training new drivers and also maintaining excellent driver engagement. The analysing of data will be key to ensure that KPIs are exceeded and performance management will be paramount. Responsibilities will include:
- To assist Transport Manager with existing driver training, creating driving and operational assessments and conducting driver debriefs.
- To assist Transport Manager in new driver training, ensuring the induction is delivered consistently and professionally.
- To assist Transport Manager in achieving full legal compliance with the 'Operators Licence and drivers hour's regulations.
- Assess and report to Transport Manager individual driver training requirements.
- Review data from in cab technology including MPG / Idling / Harsh Braking / Harsh Acceleration and Speeding Offences by driver and agree corrective training plan with Transport Manager.
- Review data from tachograph analysis system including drivers' hours' infringements and offences by driver and agree corrective training plan with Transport Manager.
- To deputise for the Transport Manager when he / she is off site
- Ensure drivers are completing the daily vehicle checks and are promptly reporting any defects or symptoms of defects that could prevent the safe operation of their vehicles and/or trailers.
- Assist the Transport Manager in ensuring drivers comply with the legal obligation of the EC drivers' hours' rules governed by EC regulations.
- Monitor individual driver performance in relation to infringements, taking action where individuals are not achieving the DVSA standard
- Encourage good Health & Safety practice on site and customer premises, as well as the public highway.
- Assist the Transport Manager in on-farm delivery point hazard evaluation
- Minimise emissions to air, water and soil on a routine basis in relation to job function.
- Minimise material going to waste.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Driver Trainer candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Management CPC is essential to cover Transport Manager when absent
- Driver Training qualification (DVSA/DSA)
- HGV Driving licence essential
- Ability to communicate in a calm but effective manner to both internal and external customers
- Have excellent IT proficiency, especially with the Microsoft Office suite
- Exceptional knowledge of drivers hours & tachographs
- Be an excellent 'People Person' with the ability to influence
What's on Offer
The role of Driver Trainer offers a salary of £28,000-£32,000, 25 days + BH, Pension scheme