You are here
Deputy Payroll Manager
- Deputy Payroll Manager
About Our Client
We are looking for a Deputy Payroll Manager for our established HR & Payroll Shared Service Centre (SSC), from where we provide a service to circa 17,000 employees based in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man, including a small population of expatriate and secondees across a number of companies.
The SSC is responsible for processing approximately 38 payrolls each month split between weekly and monthly pay frequencies, spanning multiple pay dates.
In this role you will assist and deputise for the UK & Ireland Payroll Manager, leading a team of 18 staff in managing the delivery of payrolls whilst paying employees in a timely and accurate manner, and ensuring compliance with current legislation and Internal audit and business controls.
The ability to work with, and support line management and the Payroll and PeopleSoft teams is an essential part of this role.
- Assist and deputise for UK & Ireland Payroll Manager where appropriate
- Pay workforce on time and accurately on the specified dates, in line with contractual terms and payment frequencies
- Effective payroll and admin team management in order to achieve required payroll delivery
- Deduction and payment of statutory and voluntary contributions to third party organisations and Government agencies
- The provision of expert payroll support and advice to the group of companies
- Monthly reporting to external bodies as required
- Organise and manage regular payroll team meetings, team appraisals and one-to-one discussions with team members
- Organise and manage regular meetings, where appropriate, with internal colleagues from contact departments
- Organise and manage regular meetings, where appropriate, with service providers and suppliers, including H.M. Revenue & Customs
- Assist UK & Ireland Payroll Manager with interviewing candidates and select where appropriate for employment within the team
- Ensure processes and procedures are adhered to, and maintained, in line with business controls and internal/external audit procedures
- Effective training and development of staff to the required standard, including team building, appraisals, team meetings and personal development
- Succession planning and performance management where necessary
- Weekly and monthly payroll reconciliation and management reporting to support areas of the business as required
- Ensure good customer links are forged and maintained through regular meetings, and by way of Service Level Agreements with all companies
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and best practice to ensure a professional service is provided at all times
- Flexibility to provide ad-hoc tasks, duties and projects to senior management across UK and Ireland.
- Production of timely and accurate annual reporting, to include P60's, P11D's and PSA returns for the group of companies including acquisitions
- Payroll system development and enhancement, working in conjunction with HRIS team
The Successful Applicant
- People management skills, including Training /Development of staff
- Experience in holding meetings and training workshops
- Expert knowledge of UK payroll legislation and knowledge of other regulatory regions would be desirable.
- A previous role in a large and complex organisation is advantageous
- Payroll and HR systems knowledge
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise in the face of competing deadlines and demands
- Microsoft Windows operating systems and Office products, including file relationships and data import / export techniques, with a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge and experience of Auto Enrolment
- Real Time Information (RTI) submissions
- Experience of management information reporting
- End of Year reporting, to include P60s, P11Ds and PSA (PAYE Settlement agreements)
- Flexible outlook and approach to workload and working hours, to accommodate fast moving and ever evolving systems and organisation structure
- Experience of company acquisitions and disposals including TUPE transfers
- Project Management
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Management of escalated queries
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
What's on Offer
Deputy Payroll Manager
Based in Coventry
£32,000 - £36,000 p.a