You are here
Birmingham City Centre
About Our Client
My client is looking for a strong Credit Controller to work within the credit control function. You will be responsible for a portfolio of customer accounts and collection activity for transax merchants services and cheque warranty. Establish and promote prompt payments from customers and the reduction of debt and potential bad debt exposure.
- Credit control for approx 1000 live and terminated accounts.
- Investigating and resolving account queries as and when necessary and within strict time-lines.
- Manage a portfolio of national accounts and liaise with the national account management team regarding payment.
- Reduce debt and potential bad debt exposure to a minimum and within very strict time-lines
- Proactive engagement in the effective collection of payments in line with contractually agreed settlement terms
- Securing payments within very tight deadlines and follow up action plans for non-payment
- Working towards and meeting extremely strict and robust collection targets
- Implement procedures and controls to reduce delays in payment
- Effectively liaise and communicate with internal and external departments/customers to resolve and escalate disputes or potential barriers restricting payments
- Be instrumental in the coordination and resolution of disputes to ensure recovery of revenue and minimise losses.
- Promote a culture of prompt payments across the business divisions
- Provide weekly management information of collection activity and recoveries highlighting areas of concern.
- Production of month end reports up to trial balance and adhoc reporting as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven track record within a credit control environment, responsibility of their own workload and used to working towards strict deadlines, targets and kpi's.
- Professional telephone manner, with ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- good knowledge of excel and word is essential
- A proven background within an accounting environment and good/excellent knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Able to work on their own initiative and have a decisive nature.
- Someone who is looking to enhance their career prospects would be an advantage.
- Able to work under pressure, and have some knowledge of month end procedures
- Able to achieve outstanding rates of recovery within very tight timescales.
- Excellent credit control skills underpinned by strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- High level of communication written and verbal.
- Understand the importance of effective and prompt credit control and the timely collection of revenue.
What's on Offer
Birmingham City Centre
Great transport links
£21,000 - £23,000