You are here
Cost & Management Accountant
My client in Bishop's Stortford is recruiting for a Cost Accountant
This is a permanent opportunity with career progression
About Our Client
My client are market leaders within their field. On top of this they have continued plans for growth and have experienced great success in recent years. As part of a wider group they have a structure to their accounting processes and reporting whilst being a smaller division allows people a level of autonomy and a chance to have a commercial effect on the wider business.
This Cost & Management Accountant role is one that has a large strategic importance to the business. You'll play an integral part in insuring the business unit is profitable moving forward. It's also a chance to gain great exposure & to achieve qualification.
The successful Cost & Management Accountant will be responsible for the accurate account production, forecasting and analysis for the local site.
Some of the main duties will be to
1. Ensure that the manufacturing operations complies with internal control policies and practices by reviewing transactions, information processed and conducting periodical structured and/or informal departmental audits of accounting practices and procedures.
2. Coordinate and prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reporting to ensure communication of accurate and timely information to management.
3. Responsible for the development, review, and analysis of standard costs for all new products and product line extensions, including the annual standard update, development of labor and overhead rates, and the qualification of year to year financial impact of changes. Controls data base and ensures the integrity of the cost accounting systems, as well as, the General Ledger, as it relates to the Medisafe Manufacturing facilities. Provides analysis to explain variances and support cost estimates and cost reduction programs. Identifies financial benefits related to new product requests and makes recommendations to management.
4. Manages the Plant budgeting process to include forecasts, production plan, shipments, labor loads, cost reduction programs, capital investments, etc. Assesses and highlights financial risk associated with such business plan.
5. Responsible for the coordination of the Physical Inventory and/ or cycle counts encompassing all stock at the plants. Ensures proper staffing levels for counting, audits, data entry; trains counters and auditors in responsibilities; assures accurate valuation and recording of results. Manages monthly inventory reporting, balancing of perpetuals to the G/L, and analysis of such including levels/types of inventory, obsolecence etc.
6. Investigates, reviews and analyzes the accounting flow, controls and procedures highlighting problem areas and developing improvements. Develops and implements corrective action as required. Responsible for maintaining Sarbanes Oxley compliance documentation for the Medisafe Manufacturing facilities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate
- Will be in the later stages of their ACCA, ACA or CIMA exams
- Must Have strong Management accounting and/or cost accounting experience
- Will have worked within a Manufacturing or FMCG business previously
- Will Be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Must Be comfortable liaising with non finance managers & providing interpretation and support to senior operational managers
What's on Offer
On Offer will be
- A brilliant salary
- The chance to work for a growing organisation within a worldwide group
- An excellent working environment
- Support and a stimulating role