You are here
- My Market leading client in Enfield is recruiting for a Cost Accountant
- This will be a 6 Month Contract role to cover a Maternity
About Our Client
My client are market leaders within their field. On top of this they have continued plans for growth and have experienced great success in recent years. As part of a wider group they have a structure to their accounting processes and reporting whilst being a smaller division allows people a level of autonomy and a chance to have a commercial effect on the wider business.
This Cost Accountant role has come to fruition due to a maternity leave. They are wanting someone to start within the next two weeks ideally.
The successful Cost Accountant will be responsible for the accurate account production, forecasting and analysis for the local site.
Some of the main duties will be
Enfield Performance Tracking
- Preparation of weekly / monthly site management accounts and analysis along with review and corrective action.
- Understand losses, trends and drivers across material usage and yields, labour and overheads.
- Develop meaningful, relevant and concise financial reports; including KPI statements and department and line specific reports
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Drive robust budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process with Site Management in line with management timelines
Stock management and valuation
- Ensure accurate stock recognition through review of stock records, and systematic counting processes.
- Control and review Stock Valuation through standard cost systems.
Health & Safety
- Fully co-operate with and adhere to all company health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure financial control frameworks and governance models are adhered to at the site.
Ad hoc activities / key projects as required by the Head of Supply Chain Finance
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate
- Will be Part Qualified or QBE at a minimum
- Must Have strong Management accounting or cost accounting experience
- Will have worked within a Manufacturing or FMCG business previously
- Will Be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Must Be comfortable liaising with non finance managers & providing interpretation and support to senior operational managers
What's on Offer
On Offer will be
- A competitive rate of pay
- The chance to work for a growing organisation within a worldwide group
- A brilliant working environment
- Support and a stimulating role