You are here
Commercial Business Analyst
- Commercial Analysis, MI Analysis, VBA, Advanced MS Excel, Advanced MS Access
- Permanent, Full Time, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire
About Our Client
My client is a leading general insurance and financial services companies based in Warwickshire.
Being keen on detail, see below for the sorts of responsibilities you will have in your remit:
- Develop operational and commercial management information, and dashboards that meet business requirements and support the development of a commercial strategy.
- Use a range of forecast and modelling scenario planning tools and techniques to identify commercial opportunities and risk to inform the development of longer term growth strategy.
- Identify, agree and implement necessary process improvements and system developments that will improve the quality of management information and data integrity to meet business needs.
- Provide commercial analysis identifying key themes, risks or issues that would impact the business and make recommendations on how to approach and mitigate them in order to support the annual business planning process.
- Analyse and interpret all management information, including undertaking a quarterly review of sales performance versus plan, identifying and reporting trends to improve business outcomes and drive future change.
- Review Business Intelligence Life and Group Finance reports, maintain oversight of expenditure at individual cost centre level to ensure expenses and production are managed in line with plan in order to escalate when variances are identified.
- Research, source and analyse market intelligence in order to benchmark performance against competitors and key industry themes.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role, we are looking for the following attributes:
- Proven experience of working in an analytical role in a commercial planning or market/competitor intelligence function, ideally in the financial services sector.
- Able to research and critically appraise business strategy and performance, often challenging accepted views of companies and markets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to work effectively with senior management.
- Articulate and able to write reports that are suitable for senior management.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with a strong ability to assimilate and interpret M.I
- Good problem solving skills
- Expert in data analysis in MS Excel and MS Access.
- Visual Basic programming skills would be advantageous
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £38,000 per annum plus bonus, pension and much more