You are here
Commercial Appraisal Analyst
Commercial, CAPEX, Investment Appraisal, MS Excel, Permanent, Coventry
An opportunity for a dynamic candidate looking for a commercial analyst role...
About Our Client
My client is a nationally recognised FMCG brand with high end market spread.
- Producing investment appraisals, outputs and key sensitivities for store investment and acquisition appraisals to enable investment decision makers to make effective and informed decisions on investment proposals.
- Preparing post investment reviews on all major store investments, identifying actual performance and comparing this to the appraisal assumptions
- Providing peer review of financial appraisals and models, including checking credibility of financial model used and challenging assumptions used.
- Liaising with the various departments and individuals to obtain the information required to carry out investment appraisals
- Providing challenge and making recommendations to the assumptions used in the appraisal process and providing an assessment of the risk and sensitivities of the key results.
- Ensuring investment appraisal work has integrity and that the key financial assumptions are consistent with corporate financial guidelines
- Helping to identify potential risks and areas of value creation from potential investments
- Presenting written and oral financial assessments, summarising the outcomes and the key financial aspects, and recommendations for decision makers.
- Communicating results in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensuring that delivery of all outputs meets overall team's objectives/deliverables/timescales
The Successful Applicant
- Typically an experienced accountant with experience of working with non-finance business partners.
- Strong financial modelling and Excel skills
- Experience of commercial or analytical work
- Knowledge of different investment appraisal techniques
- Strong impact, influencing and communication skills to successfully relate, liaise and influence customers and senior managers
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment
- Knowledge of Property Finance an advantage
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £35,000 depending upon experience
Parking, Bonuses, Pension and much more