You are here
£22,500 - £24,000
About Our Client
Multi national facilities provider
As a Chef Manager you will be responsible for;
- Have a sound knowledge of appropriate operational catering policies, procedures and practices to ensure food safety and hygiene standards are maintained at all times and which complies with an Assured Safe Catering program based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (H.A.C.C.P).work procedures, practices and equipment for the catering service.
- Have overall responsibility for ensuring high quality cost effective provision of all services on behalf of the client in line with the requirements of the contract specification;
- Have responsibility for the contract budget and profit and loss account and ensure strict budgetary controls are applied. Maintain financial records and information accordingly;
- Participate in the continual review of services for present and future service needs to identify opportunities for improvements in provision of service and the better utilisation of resources; to ensure value for money and bench marking services as required;
- Ensure services provided fully comply with service specifications and requests for additional services are responded to and variations are raised as appropriate;
- Ensure compliance to statutory and legislative requirements of the service and report any issues regarding compliance to the appropriate area;
- Contribute to business continuity plans in the event of a major failure, monitoring to ensure plans are current and can be implemented;
- Initiate and maintain effective mechanisms for the dissemination and receipt of information, produce reports, briefs, specifications, business plans as required;
- Investigate and report on any complaint received in connection with the services managed, in accordance with the company complaints procedure;
- Ensure records, as required, are maintained and reviewed annually.
- Prepare management reports as required and represent the company in providing advice and guidance on all Services at both Trust and company meetings.
- Ensure compliance with Lean principles and initiatives throughout the contract involving colleagues in the generation of pro-active action.
- Implement and monitor compliance to company policies and statutory requirements relevant to the services provided;
- Implement and monitor procedures for the recruitment, selection, induction, and retention of staff within agreed company policies;
- Ensure due consideration and action planning result from Everyone has a voice feedback and are used to positive effect within the contract
- Monitor staff sickness and absence levels and ensure appropriate action is taken when necessary to keep within agreed company targets;
- Be responsible for managing disciplinary matters and disputes in line with the company policy;
- Hold weekly management team meetings.
- Implement appropriate training to enable all staff to undertake their duties effectively, safely and within legislative requirements;
- To have overall responsibility for ensuring that all staff are appraised annually and are given the opportunity for personal development
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of work procedures, practices and equipment for a catering service, including advanced food hygiene processes; City & Guilds; NVQ Level 3 or equivalent Relevant degree or equivalent experience in a Facilities Management role within an educational environment
- Demonstrate experience of team leadership or management experience
- Demonstrate experience in financial management and contract management and the ability to communicate up to Senior level Demonstrate experience in strategic planning and management
- Demonstrate excellent commercial awareness and customer focus Experience of day to day co-ordination of operational activities
- Able to work in a team as well as autonomously to a high level of accuracy A sound understanding of Customer Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators Excellent PC skills and fluency with a range of PC packages
- Proven ability to work to critical targets and deadlines in a demanding and changing environment
- Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills Excellent Influencing and negotiation skills Flexibility and receptiveness to change with significant experience of managing change
What's on Offer
- Full time