You are here
Cashier- Milton Park
- Full Time, Permanent Position
- Milton Park
About Our Client
Open plan offices, excellent working environment and a welcoming team makes this a great position for someone with cashier/ sales ledger experience to join a well established business.
Duties of the cashier:
- Receive customer queries and follow up with Customer Service department to ensure their resolution. Pursue issues with Customer Services / Publishers to resolution in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work closely with your line manager to identify process improvements.
- Prompt posting of cash receipts in order to minimize unallocated cash.
- Allocate cash against invoices.
- Manage the refund process - Preparing and recording all refund requests and forward to Finance
- Subscription cash matching, invoices and payments
- Proforma payments process working with customer service to ensure dispatch of orders when payment has been received
- Secure trading payments matching - reconciliation of credit card payments and invoices
- Mail order - Identify electronic mail order payments from bank records. Process payments and adjustments on to mail order accounts as necessary.
- Bank statement downloads
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly controls and reconciliations.
- Post all payments onto customer accounts. Check all postings for accuracy, report and correct any posting errors. Investigate and report all system errors.
- Record and batch all payments ready for posting to customer accounts.
- Scan and batch all cheques received ready for daily submission to bank.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly and monthly reports to internal departments.
- Journal processing - Complete journal forms from supplied instructions and post to customer accounts.
- General administrative duties necessary to maintain the operation of the Cashiers Department
- Ensure Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental standards and all related company policies are adhered to, raising any issues to the relevant parties as appropriate.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or what you fail to do.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested in line with the job role.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates need to have a good understanding of the cash management and sales ledger processes.
What's on Offer
- Hours of work - 35 p.w, 9-5, Monday - Friday
- 25 days holiday on commencement (pro rata for current holiday year)
- Free Car parking and tea/coffee
- Discretionary bonus of up to 5% salary around Xmas.
- Generous Pension
- Canteen and vending machines
- Social Club
- Salary of £19,000- £20,000