You are here
We are currently looking for a Carpenter to join a busy social housing team
Apply now if you have experience with social housing projects
About Our Client
The client is a well established social housing contractor that carries out repairs and upgrades to council homes across the South. They have secured numerous contracts recently and are looking to expand their team.
The Carpenter / Multitrader role will involve the repairs and refurbishments to council homes in Reading, Basingstoke and surrounding areas. This is a mobile role and a van is provided.
You will be expected to:
- Fit Kitchens
- Carry out basic fabric repairs
- Replace flooring (laminate)
- Carry out basic plumbing
The Successful Applicant
The role is ideal for someone who lives in Basingstoke, Reading or the surrounding areas. It is a mobile role so you must have a valid UK driving licence. Other requirements are:
- A minimum of NVQ 2 (or equivalent) in carpentry or another trade
- Basic plumbing skills
- Ability to fit kitchens
- Ability to lay laminate flooring (including being able to operate a weld gun)
- Full clean driving licence
- A van is deal but not mandatory
- Must have a full set of tools
What's on Offer
The Carpenter role will start off on a temporary basis but is likely to turn into a permanent appointment for the right person. A van will be provided if you haven't got one.