You are here
Building Services Electrical Engineer
- 17th Edition qualified
- Electrical Maintenance, Test, Inspection of domestic and commercial properties
About Our Client
Our Client is a market Leading Property and Housing National Business. This role will be covering Hampshire region (Portsmouth, Southampton and Bournemouth/Poole)
The Duties of the Building Services Electrical Engineer:
- Completing planned EICR test, inspections, certification and all remedial works identified.
- Locating and rectifying a wide range of electrical faults
- Completing all paperwork required for property files and ensuring all records of site operation are accurate, structured and compliant
- Undertaking all works to the highest safety standards and in line with all current regulations
- Ensuring Health and Safety legislation is adhered to at all times
- Meeting deadlines for testing installations and repairs
- Being economical with company goods and materials
- Maintaining a good understanding of the trade and applying this at all times
- Providing outstanding customer service in line
- Wearing correct uniform at all times, including ID card and name badge
- Working within the required Risk Assessments and Method Statements at all times, reviewing all tasks for risk before starting and ensuring that risks are eliminated before work begins
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Building Services Electrical Engineer based in Portsmouth:
- NICEIC 17th Edition qualified
- NVQ Level 3 qualified or City and Guilds 236 Part 1 and 2
- Proven track record of Test, Inspection and Certification of domestic and commercial properties
- Proven track record in locating and rectifying electrical faults in tenanted buildings
- Basic computer literacy and the ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook and PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) maintenance systems (training will be provided if required)
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and days as required.
- A full and clean driving licence
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- An objective, professional and calm approach when handling difficult situations
- Previous experience of and commitment to understanding, empathising and delivering against customer needs
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships internally and with 3rd party suppliers
What's on Offer
The Building Services Electrical Engineer position based in Portsmouth is offereing:
- A company van and fuel card.
- Yearly bonus.
- 37.5 hour week (Monday to Friday) - Very flexible.
- Paid overtime if wanted.
- Great company benefits.
- Large growing company with lots of future career opportunities.