You are here
This position is now filled
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Exciting opportunity with a national residential house buidler
- Be part of a growing team with an excellent progression plan
About Our Client
Our client is a national residential house builder with an excellent reputation
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor in Reading will have the following accountability;
- Negotiate and place orders for labour and material sub-contractors, suppliers and consultants on a competitive tender basis.
- Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised.
- Monitor invoicing procedures and resolve any issues in conjunction with the Finance Department
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to dwelling structures, professional fees, site abnormal and infrastructure costs.
- Assist in the preparation of Site Budgets
- Manage closed site provisions.
- Assist in monthly WIP and cash flow forecasting.
- Monitor and explain all cost movements within the site valuation.
- Have responsibility for processing all Contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders and payments, variation orders and day works.
- Undertake valuations of production at budgeted cost on a quarterly basis.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the SQS/Commercial Manager
- Forecast final accounts
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the group or external Companies.
- Attend pre start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company's Operating framework
- Input and maintain any computer based databases or systems
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction, ideally with some experience or a placement year
What's on Offer
A competitive salary of Â£25,000 is on offer to the Assistant Quantity Surveyor as well as a clear progression plan