You are here
Assistant Payroll Officer
- Assistant Payroll Officer
- Immediately Available
About Our Client
A leading manufacturing organisation who have been established for over 25 years. They have a unique way of business operations which has led them to have significant share of the market. They have a fantastic reputation for staff morale and are growing year on year.
Reporting into the Payroll Manager the assistant payroll officer will have the following responsibilities:
- To assist the Payroll Officer with the monthly payroll process to ensure that the UK & Irish payrolls are paid accurately and on time and with the correct tax applied. This will include the running of reports, the pay run process, production and circulation of pay slips.
- To ensure that changes to the Ireland payroll are communicated accurately and on time to the payroll provider (including health benefit, car benefit) and to ensure that accurately monthly reporting of payroll data to the Irish Revenue.
- Accurate recording of starters and leavers in the payroll system following data provided by HR department.
- To input overtime and salary amendment and statutory deductions into the payroll system in a timely and accurate manner.Submit the RTI (Real Time Information) report to HMRC each month.
- To support the Payroll Officer in the annual updates of salaries.
- To support the Payroll Officer in the annual payment of bonuses.
- To assist the Payroll Officer for administering the Tax Year End ensuring that accurate and timely returns are made to the Controller General in Ireland and HMRC in the UK. To ensure that P60s are printed and distribute to all employees in UK and Ireland.
- To deputise for the Payroll Officer during holidays and other absences
The Successful Applicant
The successful assistant payroll officer MUST have the following:
- Organisation and time management - must possess the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of payroll systems.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Free parking
- On site facilities
- Training and progression
- Opportunity for permanent role