You are here
Assistant Fleet Controller
Excellent chance to join a market leading manufacturer in Ivybridge
Strong attention to detail is essential
About Our Client
Bandvulc Group were founded in 1971 and have grown into the major player in the tyre retreading sector. With over 45 years in the market, the success has been founded on strong family values, first class customer service and an ability to adapt to market demands. Their head office and manufacturing site are based in Ivybridge, where they manufacture over 4000 tyres per day with an annual turnover of circa £60 million. It is an exciting time to join the business, having recently been acquired by Continental Tyre Group, the world's fourth largest tyre company. With the backing of a global leader, Bandvulc are now in a position to take the business to the next level.
After a recent restructure, Bandvulc have created an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Fleet Controller to join their team.
Reporting directly into the Finance Supervisor, and also working closely with the FC to support them with project work, the Assistant Fleet Controller will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the Finance Supervisor to produce statutory returns, journal entries, invoicing and account reconciliations;
- Contribute towards the production of monthly trial balance;
- Work closely with the FC to prepare ad hoc reports and financial statements;
- Help improve internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and compliance;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and ensure that month end reporting deadlines are met;
- Participate in annual audit;
- Assist with development of internal controls and IT system to maintain compliance with standards.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- A hands on attitude to teamwork. Ensuring that they offer support to the Finance Supervisor, FC and the wider transactional team;
- Great attention to detail and problem solving abilities;
- A working knowledge of SAP, as well as strong Excel skills;
- Completed AAT or equivalent accountancy qualification;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Great organisation skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
What's on Offer
Bandvulc are able to offer a highly competitive salary, dependent on the successful candidates level of experience and qualification.