You are here
Assistant Financial Accountant
£30,000 - £35,000
- A leading Bank is looking for a Assistant Financial Accountant
- Studying toward an ACCA Qualification
About Our Client
The client is a leading Financial Services company based in Brentwood, Essex.
- Reconciliation of the source systems to the general ledger.
- Completing daily bank reconciliations.
- Ownership of the funding process relating to Secured and Commercial lending businesses.
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Identifying areas within the system/process that can be improved and providing solutions.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with respective business areas and outsource administration supplier.
- Month End including accruals and deferred income. Accounting for commissions, clawbacks and interest income.
- Preparation of Audit Information.
- Collating information for Regulatory returns.
- Adhoc requests.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience with accounts at trial balance level.
- Background within a banking environment
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Working towards an accountancy qualification such as ACCA/CIMA.
- Computer Literate
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite - including Word, Access & Power-point
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of TCF
- Knowledge of Summit, SUN and Q&A
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional & well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer Focused approach
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical approach
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary plus Benefits