You are here
- Assistant Accountant
- Immediately Available
About Our Client
A global market leader with a presence in over 30 countries worldwide. This is one of the most significant brands to work for in the food manufacturing industry with generated revenues in 2015 of over £4 billion. With over 17,000 people employed worldwide this organisation continues to dominate the market and have growth year on year.
Reporting into the Financial Controller the assistant accountant will have the following responsibilities:
Purchase Ledger/Debtor Ledger
- Ensure the Company's ERP system daybooks balance to the excel daybooks and the month-end reconciliation process
- Ensure all relevant data is collated for timely and accurate Intrastat arrival/dispatches and EC Sales reporting
- Prepare and submit the VAT return
- Oversee the supplier payment process in both GBP and other currencies and liaise with SSFC
- Ensure that supplier statements are reconciled on a regular basis; coordinating and review the data with SSFC
- Code and distribute supplier invoices
- Review the creation of new and the amendment of existing suppliers/customers on the Company's ERP system and co-ordinate with SSFC
- Liaise and review inter-company balances with SSFC using the Web-tool - AR & AP
- Review monthly revaluation of the ledgers and foreign bank accounts once completed by SSFC and prepare the liquidity report
- Review GRN non & inventory accounts to nominal balances and advise FM of any GRNs that can be cancelled to avoid duplication of costs
- Review sub-contractors and invoice accruals
- Preparation of fixed assets, prepayments and accruals
- Review and maintaining the ATAQ hedging processes including
- Liaising with auditors
- Resolve OB10 issues and upload all customer invoices
- Ensuring all sales invoices are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Re-issue FX invoices for UK customers to ensure compliance with HMRC guidelines
- Preparation and upload to the Company's financial system of the overdues/receivables report.
- Prepare sales, Purchase and cost of sales analysis; entering of personal core data and inter-company balances within monthly core upload documents.
- Cover for uploading data into the Group Reporting System
- Assisting with the DWP review (system for clearing invoice queries with SSFC) and coding
- Review of expense, preparation of P11D data and submission of month salary journal
- Ensure CIS is submitted and payments actioned.
- Liaise with HR when HMRC salary data does not match salary data submitted
- Assist, support and train the SSFC teams
- Assist, support and train two temporary staff
- Review and assist the SSFC team in the administration of the company's Foreign Exchange contracts including updating of the Group's ATAQ treasury system.
- Monthly revaluations of the Company's foreign currency bank accounts.
- Processing of Fixed Asset, Accruals and Prepayment postings.
- Stock transfers to projects.
- Petty cash postings.
- Preparation and issuing of re-charge invoices.
- Inter-company reconciliation process on the Company's financial systems.
- Bank reconciliation's.
- Monthly reconciliation of the VAT ledger to the general ledger.
- Goods received not invoiced (GRNI) reconciliations.
- Stock valuation reconciliation.
- Intrastat & EC Sales List for submission.
- Payroll & CIS Reporting
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT return for the Warrington office.
Holiday Cover/Busy Periods
- The Senior Accounts Assistant will also be expected to provide cover for the Accounts Assistants and the Finance Manager whilst they are on annual leave and during busy periods of the month.
The Successful Applicant
The successful assistant accountant MUST have the following:
Analytical and Diagnostic Skills - to prepare the monthly accounts to TB level. As such must have good analytical skills to be able to review the TB both at Company level and down to Business Unit level as required. Reviewing month on month expenditure and analysing inconsistent costs.
Ability to Work under Pressure and to Specific Deadlines - work with the other members of the Finance Team and other departments in a pressurised month end driven environment to deliver the monthly reporting pack accurately and in a timely manner, whilst at the same time supporting the needs/requests of other departments.
Excellent excel skills - including vlookup's/pivots
Excellent management skills
Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA or qualified by experience
What's on Offer