You are here
- Assistant Accountant for a leading FX Brokerage
- Central Mayfair Offices
About Our Client
The client is a leading payment services company with a ten-year track record and strong growth. The company has 70 staff. Gross turnover is c. $US 3 billion. The work environment is lively and fast paced. Activities involve foreign exchange hedging and trading for a broad and growing corporate and HNW private client base. Technology developments are well advanced to introduce additional disruptive FinTech initiatives.
The client has offices in the United Kingdom, France, Spain and Dubai, and a technology development centre in Warsaw, Poland. Other geographic expansion is planned. The back-office is highly automated, and accounting systems are partly integrated with the core treasury management system.
* Month end accruals, prepayments and depreciation.
* Postings to general ledger
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Assist with budgeting and forecast modelling
* Calculation of sales commission leading to preparation of monthly payroll
* Calculation of affiliate commissions
* Ongoing departmental cost analysis
* Supervision of the outsourced overseas payroll operations
* Ensure correct segregation of client funds
* Bank reconciliation for company currency accounts
* Assist with developing internal controls and processes
* Assist with the production of year-end audit pack and liaison with external auditors to ensure timely submission in line with legal requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- The role is suitable to a person prepared to be involved at the record keeping level, and capable of preparing monthly P&L and Balance Sheets.
- An appropriate tertiary accounting qualification, or validated equivalent commercial experience is required.
- Minimum 18 months commercial accounting experience, and a demonstrated track record involving personal direct responsibility for the whole accounting cycle to trial balance stage.
- Finance industry, or foreign exchange/payment services experience will be an advantage, but is not a requirement.
- Experience/familiarity with Accounts IQ or similar accounting packages.
- Strong general computer literacy. Confident with IT and very good level use of Excel.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary plus Benefits