You are here
This position is now filled
Assistant Accountant (Practice Accountancy)
£26,000 - £31,000
- City Centre
About Our Client
A leading firm
- Preparation of statutory financial statements from clients records maintained on Xero, Sage, etc.
- Preparation of management accounts with commentary.
- Preparation of planning including budget and fee quotes
- Providing analytical review of the figures in the accounts.
- Proofing of accounts and ensuring statutory disclosures are accurate.
- Provide a complete pack to managers for review which includes letter to the client, final accounts, a list of queries etc.
- Proactively communicate with managers on progress of workload and where possible, provide assistance with ad-hoc tasks.
- Proactively carrying out technical research to enhance knowledge and assist clients.
- Preparation of fee notes to be issued to client.
- Ad-hoc assurance work including grant claims and similar engagements.
- Liaise/meet with clients.
- Providing constructive advice to clients, for example, making recommendations to improve their accounts processes or identify cost savings.
- Provide training for clients on accounting software, including Xero and Sage.
- Assist managers with the review of planning and small accounts jobs.
The Successful Applicant
A candidate with a practice background
What's on Offer
Opportunity to study towards ACCA qualification and to progress within the team to Client Manager.