You are here
AP Supervisor 12 FTC
£25,000 - £30,000
- Working for a global FMCG company
- 12 FTC with huge potential to go permanent
About Our Client
My Client currently has a team of around 50 employees, whose roles cover accountancy and financial control, tax and treasury, property and investment management, security, risk, and HR.
- Manage the Account Payable Clerk, working together to prioritise tasks appropriately so that all the processing and payment requirements are delivered in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ensure that there is cover for holidays and that cross training in all tasks is maintained
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the supplier and invoice data in the finance systems. (Epicor, Sage, and all banking systems)
- Manage the preparation of payment runs and set up online payments, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the entity accountants to ensure that all delegations of authority are kept up to date.
- Keep processes and controls under review to ensure effectiveness, suggesting improvements where they are identified.
- Prepare cash balances and maintain forecasts for Treasury review.
- Review and communicate bank balances and funding requirements.
- Deal with banking documentation including bank account mandate administration, maintenance of authorisation and access matrices and processes and checking of system access to approved matrices as well as credit card applications and other similar tasks.
- Support office accountants with other general admin duties where required.
- Support office accountants with spread sheet data entry and analysis as required.
- Work with the Finance Systems team to implement the new Finance system, providing and checking data, testing processes and documenting issues.
- Other ad hoc projects and analysis as directed by the Financial Controller.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience in a role as an Accountants Payable Supervisor, Senior Accounts Payable Clerk or similar position (involving most of the key tasks listed above).
- Commitment to meeting deadlines
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate, with good skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel. Experience of Sage or Epicor desirable.
- Confident communication skills, with the ability to interact with individuals from a range of backgrounds.
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks.
- Strong sense of discretion, appreciating the confidentiality of the work.
- Keen to suggest improvements to current ways of working.
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships across the company, other family office entities and key 3rd party personnel.
What's on Offer
Very competitive salary and career progression.