You are here
This position is now filled
About Our Client
The London based pharmaceutical company largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK.
Typical day to day duties for the accounts payable role will involve:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry - verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organisation's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidates for the accounts payable role will be:
- AAT Qualified
- Able to work on own initiative
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good verbal communicator, assertive if necessary
- Reliable and well organised
- Good use of spreadsheets and computer systems
- Achieve targets set by management
What's on Offer
Successful candidates for the accounts payable role will be offered:
Â£25,000 - Â£30,000
Pension, Health care & season ticket loans