You are here
Accounts Payable Manager
About Our Client
This business operates on an international basis and they are going through a change where the European subsidiaries transfer their accounting and reporting to head office in the UK. Once the figures and reporting has been accurately completed, they will then be sent over to the Global HQ, which again is based internationally.
As a business this company holds a large proportion of their market share and are known as the premier company in their specific industry.
The offices are new and open plan and they pride themselves on having one of the best working environments and working cultures in the area.
Your main duties as the Accounts Payable Manager will be:
- Oversee the shared service accounts payable and employee expenses process ensuring invoices are processed and paid in accordance with policy.
- Preparation of payment run proposals/approval of payment run proposals prepared by AP team
- Oversee manual (GL payments) payments on weekly basis along with required journal entries.
- Review expenditure each month in assigned P&L account codes
- Reconciliation of bank payments to bank statements
- Audit of cash/credit card expenses weekly
- Preparation of expense payment runs bi-monthly
- Monitor AP inbox, Month end tasks to ensure books are closed within deadline with appropriate journals processed
- 1-2-1 reviews and as as well as continual training
- Process improvements
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this Accounts Payable Manager position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A background of working in a busy and high volume AP department
- Examples of managing or supervising a team
- Where you have worked successfully with other sites within the same business, ideally on an international basis and how you dealt with the language barriers
- How you have developed and trained staff within an AP function previously
What's on Offer
The Accounts Payable Manager role offers the right candidate a superb opportunity to work in a rapidly expanding company which a large market share.
They can offer a competitive salary and also a generous benefits package with holiday and pension entitlements.
This is also a great chance for anyone aspiring to work in a large international business, in a management position, to further their career.