You are here
Accounts Payable Assistant
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Flexible Benefits and Excellent Working Environment
About Our Client
Located in Cowley and currently going through a very exciting period of transition, this is an excellent time to join the business an get involved in a business on the rise as they grow and win market share.
Duties of the Accounts Payable Assistant will involve:
- Enter AP invoices into the accounting system, ensuring invoices match purchase order details where appropriate.
- Follow up and obtain approval for any non PO invoice
- Daily monitoring of exceptions reports and action thereon
- Monitor open PO status and ensure non matched open PO are cleared down each month
- Supplier statement reconciliations as appropriate
- Prepare payment run proposals and manual payment requests as required
- Reconciliation of bank payments to bank statements
- Monitor HIC utility bills and ensure timely authorisation and payment
- Assist in audit of expense/credit card acquittals
- Monitor AP inbox
- Understand the accounting policies to enable correct identification of Fixed Assets, Prepayments and accruals.
- Month end tasks to ensure books are closed within deadline with appropriate journals processed
- Take responsibility for ensuring the integrity of financial record storage including batch transaction printouts, month-end close workings and archival of prior year records
The Successful Applicant
To be considered, candidates are required to have a n understanding of the Accounts Payable function.
AAT qualified/ studying towards AAT would be advantageous but is not essential.
What's on Offer
A salary of between £20,000- £23,000 plus generous holiday and pension allowance.