You are here
Accounts Payable Assistant
- Working for a National Chartered Accountants in their internal finance function
- A lot of training provided
About Our Client
This client is a top 20 Accountancy Practice and this role will sit within their internal finance function in the City based office.
You will work very closely with the Accounts Payable Manager and the Finance Controller.
The Accounts Payable Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Reference, scan and file purchase invoices including back up schedules. Maintain records of short term retention of paper documents pending archiving off site.
- Enter purchase invoices to the internal Navision bought ledger system and attach appropriate scanned documents
- Ability to manage several small subsidiary purchase ledgers
- Review of aged creditors on a monthly basis - deal with old supplier balances, report to clear items or write off or pay
- Creation from Navision of new supplier information
- Process client receipt corrections and allocation amendments per credit control requests
- Assist in preparation of daily banking using new pay in slip on Navision Assist with the maintenance of outer office cashbooks including a project to move suppliers under centralised head office control
- Banking and posting of misc. cheques
- Reproduction & collation of invoices for tax computations and audit files as needed
- Enter invoiced disbursement charges to our client database. Obtain the correct client code for disbursement charges in a timely fashion
- Ensure all other disbursements are processed as required , including internal cross charging as well as photocopiers, phone recharges, companies house data & postal data and any others
- Record the receipt of disbursement data information due from other departments and identify any missing information on a timely basis
- General ad hoc office and other accounting tasks as requested from time to time
- Dealing with occasional cheque requests and other payments
- Reporting to Purchase ledger officer and Group Financial Controller
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Minimum A level education standard or equivalent
- An aptitude for IT - knowledge of excel
- Attention to detail and comfortable with numbers and handling a sizeable volume of paperwork
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Calm professional approach and good teamworking skills - able to bond into a hard working, organised but lively team
What's on Offer
This is a very good accounts payable assistant opportunity for someone that is either starting out their career in finance or is already established within the accounts payable field.
A starting salary that ranges between £20,000-£25,000 dependant on experience.