You are here
- Permanent Accounts Assistant opportunity based in Guildford
- Salary up to £24k + study support
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known and growing business based in Guildford, looking to add an Accounts Assistant to their Accountancy team.
- Timely and accurate allocation of cash receipts to customer accounts in Oracle
- Arrange the preparation, checking and posting out of Monthly Customer Statements
- Chasing customers with overdue accounts for payment by telephone or by email.
- Resolves queries on customer accounts in conjunction with customer service department and sales team as appropriate.
- Assist with the reconciliation of the GBP/ USD and EURO AR receipts bank account
- Assist with the processing, posting and reconciliation of Customer Credit Card payments
- Assist the Credit Controller with other ad hoc tasks / projects as required
- Matching supplier service invoices to purchase orders, coding and posting in Oracle.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of periodic supplier payment runs
- Posting of Intercompany invoices
- Assist in monthly processing and payment of staff expense claims including checking compliance with Company's expense policy
- Assists in process of mileage reporting and tasks related to administration of company fuel cards.
- Assist with the reconciliation of the GBP/ USD and EURO AR Payments bank account
- Periodic analysis of key Corporation Tax sensitive expense accounts
- Assist the Financial Controller with other ad hoc tasks / projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Education: Preferably graduate with Accounting degree or similar. Minimum good 'A' level standard of education.
- Qualified AAT or studying towards recognised accounting qualification.
- Experience - Good basic book-keeping / accounting knowledge preferably acquired within a large multinational organisation.
- Systems experience ideally Oracle R12, SAP or Navision.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience of Excel including pivot tables and VLookups.
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills, be self motivated and work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
What's on Offer
£20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience. Also offers a full study support package