You are here
- Accounts Assistant
About Our Client
My client is an innovative business, owned by its members in the 18 counties it spans. With a turnover of £1 billion and over 9,000 colleagues, we trade in a number of sectors including food retail, travel, funerals, childcare, pharmacy, energy, employee benefits and post offices.
To ensure that all Food Retail customer accounts are maintained and reconciled up to date and within the agreed service level. Any aged items are followed up with the customer and actioned accordingly.
Take responsibility for escalating process issues to the line manager and suggesting improvements.
Complete reports for the Food Retail division and answer related queries to provide support to the food stores.
Perform and assist in basic financial accounting entries for period end.
Assist with monthly accounts payable.
However, occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Society.
The post holder shall -
- Raise monthly invoices and statements for food retail credit account customers
- Reconcile customer accounts and process direct debits to be taken within agreed timescales
- Be the principal point of contact for customer account queries and to investigate and respond to any queries appropriately by liaising with store teams
- Produce a monthly aged debt analysis and chase customers for outstanding payments
- Liaise with food stores to resolve customer's queries
- Batch delivery notes received from food stores
- Key batched delivery notes into system
Process weekly transfer notes
The Successful Applicant
Can identify ways of overcoming obstacles
Good listener demonstrating active listening skills
Strong customer focus and a commitment to quality and service
Acts to deliver long term sustainable customer satisfaction
Cares about customers always striving to exceed their expectations
Demonstrates commitment to high standards
Effective prioritising and organising skills
Excellent environmental awareness
What's on Offer
Based in Warwick
£18,000 £19,000 p.a