You are here
- International Shipping company
- Progressive accounts position
About Our Client
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an international shipping brand based in the City of London.
The accounts assistant will be an integral member of the finance function and will have the opportunity to progress quickly.
The key responsibilities for the accounts assistant are:
- Reviewing P&L nominal ledgers and analysing expenses for all of the London trading entities.
- Preparing and posting journals, i.e. prepayments, accruals, intercompany recharges and month end journals.
- Assisting with the weekly and monthly financial trading reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, National Statistics Surveys, and the annual PAYE Settlement Agreement.
- Intercompany Reconciliations
- Assisting with accounts payable and treasury in busy periods.
- Assisting on the year end financial statements.
- Other ad hoc accounting/analysis duties.
The Successful Applicant
The successful accounts assistant will:
- Have a minimum of a 2:1 degree from a Red Brick University
- Have studied Mathematics at A-Level
- Have at least ABB at A-Level
- Applicants must be self confident with good communication and problem solving skills and have experience of working in a team environment within a large organisation.
- Be organised and able to prioritise own workload in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excel - Advanced (VLookups & Pivot Tables)
- Knowledge of SUN Systems or equivalent and Vision would be an advantage but not essential.
What's on Offer
This is an incredible opportunity for a graduate that is looking to start their career in finance. You will be given a lot of responsibility very quickly and the chance to study toward a professional qualification (once probation has been passed).
The company offer excellent benefits and a starting salary up to £23,000.