You are here
Accounts Assistant (Mid-Tier)
- An opportunity with Scotland's oldest Accountancy practice.
- In search of an Accounts Assistant keen for progression.
About Our Client
Our client advises high calibre clients, working across all sectors in Scotland and beyond, offering expert business insights at every opportunity.
They are the oldest accountancy firm in Scotland and are one of Scotland's leading independent firms of chartered accountants and business advisers. Our expertise encompasses financial assurance, risk management, improving performance, taxation and wealth management. Accuracy and attention to detail are a given. But we're also open-minded, flexible and forward thinking
- Preparation of statutory financial statements from clients records maintained on Xero, Sage, etc.
- Preparation of management accounts with commentary.
- Preparation of planning including budget and fee quotes
- Providing analytical review of the figures in the accounts.
- Proofing of accounts and ensuring statutory disclosures are accurate.
- Provide a complete pack to managers for review which includes letter to the client, final accounts, a list of queries etc.
- Proactively communicate with managers on progress of workload and where possible, provide assistance with ad-hoc tasks.
- Proactively carrying out technical research to enhance knowledge and assist clients.
- Ad-hoc assurance work including grant claims and similar engagements.
- Liaise/meet with clients.
- Preparation of fee notes to be issued to client.
- Providing constructive advice to clients, for example, making recommendations to improve their accounts processes or identify cost savings.
- Provide training for clients on accounting software, including Xero and Sage.
- Assist managers with the review of planning and small accounts jobs.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will join a friendly, warm and successful team, assisting in accounts preparation tasks across a broad spectrum of commercial and charity sector clients, giving direct support to managers.
The candidate will have an active involvement in the business advisory strategic plan as well as be an active participant of an appropriate sector development group. They will also have an involvement in the training and development of new and junior employees.
What's on Offer
A competitive package and a visible progression path.