You are here
Accountant - London & Val-d'Isere
Fancy a new challenge with a luxury company based in London & Val-d'Isere?
Accouting Degree or 2 - 3 years exp required
About Our Client
We are recruiting for a luxury business who are based in London, but provide and manage client services in Val-d'Isere.
They are looking for an accountant with 2 - 3 years experience, or a relevant finance/accounting degree to join them for a 6 month secondment in France. You will be employed by the company based in London, but based in Val-d'Isere.
Once the role in Val-d'Isere comes to an end in June, you will return to the UK and be able to continue working for the company on a part time basis should you wish. They will then offer you the opportunity to join them again for the next season, starting full time in September.
- Your own apartment to live in
- All flights paid for (including trips back to the UK during the contract)
- Ski Hire
- Season Lift Pass
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible working hours
Working hours - 6 days per week, 7 hours per day which can be completed in a morning and evening shift giving you time to ski during the day, or completed as a standard day of 9am - 5pm with one hour for lunch.
Job title: Finance Controller/Accountant
Reporting into: Finance Director
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Your main job will be to manage the day to day accounts for 13 different entities
- Assist each business with their weekly accounts
- Produce the accounts packs on a weekly basis providing correct import journals
- Weekly billing
- Ensuring all monies have been collected for clients at the end of the week
- Collating the accounts pack paperwork
- Ensure suppliers are paid
- Review weekly actual to budget figures
- Commissions reports
- Assist with year end reports
- Purchase, allocate and reconcile stock
- Deliver stock to clients
- Create stick journals for sage
You will be requested to complete other ad hoc duties such as administrative tasks, potentially delivering stock and helping out with clients.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking to speak with individuals who have 2 - 3 years experience in finance, or have a relevant finance degree, and are potentially studying.
Interviews will take place as soon as possible so you need to be able to start ASAP.
You must also:
- Have excellent excel skills
- Be able to use accounting software
- Be confident with the duties listed above
- Have a passion for finance
- Be able to work independently and as a team
- Be hard working
- Have a clean driving licence
What's on Offer
The successful applicant will join the company until the end of June with the opportunity to work beyond this. You may be able to work part time from home during the summer, and re join them full time in September for another season!
Completion bonus: £900